Halloween '08
I've said it before.
Janie has always been our little queen bee. She likes things just so.
[And no, I have no idea {none whatsoever!} where she gets that from.]
*ahem*
She has also become the queen of all things B.
In the past few months, she started making a few consonant sounds, especially "baw"
which later became "bob" or sometimes the ever popular "bob bob bob..."
We would laugh and join in and ask if she was calling for a future sibling. "Your brother, Bob?" [Though honestly, the name Bob is right out.] [no announcement here by the way.]
So "bob" stuck. Like honey.
Now she lays around saying "bob" over and over. And she is listening for it. Whenever we say something that starts with B, she echoes with "bob" "baw" or "buh."
One night a few weeks ago her Papa Dave was talking about a coworker coincidentally named Bob. In the middle of his sentence, Janie stopped him short when she repeated, "Bob."
It is so incredibly convenient that most of her favorite things start with B. Books, balls, buckets, balloons, bears, bubbles, bath. We can't resist the age-old parent past time dating back to... the creation, probably: "Janie, can you say _____?" We insert a "b" object name here and grin at her winning [though abbreviated] comebacks.
Last Sunday we three were laying around in our room. Janie, however, was not having it. She wanted bubbles [don't ask me how I knew, I just did.] She looked at me imploringly and declared, "Buh Buh." You better believe that bubble wand got busy.
And a few days ago I was teasing Jason about something or other and I jokingly chided him, "Bad Jason. Bad." "Baa!" Janie spat out so emphatically that I half expected her to finish with, "Off with his head!"
You don't mess with the Queen [of] B.
Because you just cannot beat that.




6 comments:
what fun posts! Janie surprises me every time I see here for the past several months. She is such a cutie. It's been such a treat to see her growth! Abbie is following close behind in her footsteps of things needing to be "just so"....
I agree with Kathie that it is fun to watch her growth.
It is also incredible to me to see your creativity and talents. Keep it going!
Dave
And what a cute queen b she is too! I love the stories you share, you are very talented and creative at writing :)
And what a CUTE queen B she is too! I love the stories you share on your blog meg, they tend to melt me inside. :)
Love it! It is so fun to "see" Janie growing and learning! She is such a cute girl!
You're blog is so cute and creative! Glad you replied on mine because my link to your blog is wrong or something??? I couldn't get on forever. Glad to see you are enjoying being a mommy! :) She is darling!
Post a Comment