I keep a weather eye out for balls.
I'm like a fairy godmother.
But of rubber, plastic and beans instead of gowns, glass slippers and coaches.
Only the snazziest of balls will do, mind you.
Glitter balls.
Pokey balls.
Squishy balls.
o balls.
slinky-filled balls.
rainbow balls.
scrunchy balls.
stress balls.
[these are official names, they really are.]


She throws them.
She dumps them.
She grabs for them.
She loads them.
She inspects them.
She drops them on the floor,
laughs
and then cries for them.
[It'll do magic, believe it or not.]
And during therapy workouts,
the thingamabob that does the job
is a ball
just out of reach.



3 comments:
I am loving these posts about Janie... although honestly, I love all of your posts! :) Miss you guys... Janie is such a doll!
So cute! Our new favorite ball is the blow-up beach ball. We can find them at Fred Meyers in their summer section for 67 cents. I bought about 10--they are easily transported (just deflate and reflate as necessary), don't hurt when they get thrown, and are so cheap it's okay if they get left at the park. Or grandma's. Or at the neighbor's.
p.s. if you buy those packs of balloons that come with a hand pump to inflate the balloons, the hand pump works on the beach balls too!
Hope to see you guys in August when we come for Ryan's wedding. We'll be there about a week!
Ceci wants to play with Janie in her tent.
So I have that polka dot skirt- but didn't see that shirt in the bin.
This is Heather.
Post a Comment