Remember that time they got you seriously so wet?
***
"Too young to be old!"
was what was printed across the shiny balloon I presented my father-in-law with on his birthday this year.
I chose it because he is like a big kid sometimes.
When he plays, he plays hard.
He is a no nonsense kind of guy.
He keeps us grounded during rowdy games of catch-phrase.
He is never late.
He is very polite and never rude when I invite him to dinner to maybe eat things he doesn't really like.
His integrity is always at the ready.
He is very knowledgeable, but doesn't dole out opinions and counsel unless he is asked,
because he knows that people don't really take unsolicited advice anyway.
He may be my most faithful reader [thanks, Dave.]
Having fun at Disneyland is not optional for him. It is mandatory.
He is seriously sweet with Janie.
He will sit and sing songs to her no matter who is watching.
Probably why one of the words she can now say is "Papa."
***
"Too young to be old!"
was what was printed across the shiny balloon I presented my father-in-law with on his birthday this year.
I chose it because he is like a big kid sometimes.
When he plays, he plays hard.
He is a no nonsense kind of guy.
He keeps us grounded during rowdy games of catch-phrase.
He is never late.
He is very polite and never rude when I invite him to dinner to maybe eat things he doesn't really like.
His integrity is always at the ready.
He is very knowledgeable, but doesn't dole out opinions and counsel unless he is asked,
because he knows that people don't really take unsolicited advice anyway.
He may be my most faithful reader [thanks, Dave.]
Having fun at Disneyland is not optional for him. It is mandatory.
He is seriously sweet with Janie.
He will sit and sing songs to her no matter who is watching.
Probably why one of the words she can now say is "Papa."
And when I am trying to be funny, he will always give me a genuine grin and let out a chuckle.
And when I am teasing him,
say, for instance,
about his hearty detestation of any kind of beans,
he just gives me one of those benevolent grins
and doesn't say anything.
Because he is really especially good at putting up with my nonsense.
And when I am teasing him,
say, for instance,
about his hearty detestation of any kind of beans,
he just gives me one of those benevolent grins
and doesn't say anything.
Because he is really especially good at putting up with my nonsense.



1 comment:
Wow!
I have the BIGGEST smile on my face right now! Thanks for those VERY kind words and thoughts.
And I LOVE the picture with Janie and me asleep. When did you take that?
Your talent to make people feel special is truly a gift from above.
Love you!
Dave
Post a Comment