Sunday, May 16, 2010

now and laters

I am trying to chip away at the mess that is my oversized storage facility [a.k.a. my basement.]

I rediscovered this quilt made for me by my aunt Lynette for our wedding.

I had carefully put it in a plastic case for safekeeping.

I'll save it for someday, I said. For something special.



I decided that today is special.

I am alive.
I am healthy.
I have my family.
I have so many blessings.
I am growing and learning and trying to be better.
I am reaching goals.
I know Jesus Christ lives and that he loves me.
I have the Gospel in my life.
I love being a woman.
I get to watch my daughter grow.
My husband makes me laugh.


I want to treat every day a little more like it is a special day, and not save things or wait around for a someday when things will be just right.





Today is good enough.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

My mom made your blog! Yay! Go Mom!
She will think this is so funny. She'll probably say that her quilts aren't good enough to be "saved" like this. She does make a nice quilt though.

Good luck on the basement cleaning. Hopefully you find more treasures stowed away. That makes sorting through stuff a little bit more enjoyable.

By the way, I really enjoy reading your blog.

Nicolette said...

I like this. So true and very inspiring. thanks

MamaSue said...

Yeah! I say use the quilt, every day is a celebration!