:::we interrupt your regularly scheduled post of meg-composed blissness to bring you a happy birthday tribute.:::
I get that from her:
... dry skin
... nervous around lots of people
... sometimes shy
... a little obsessive about whole wheat
... been a kindergarten teacher
... prefer to take the back roads [avoid freeways if at all possible!]
... to have faith in prayer
... how to clean! [speaking of cleaning...let's just say I wouldn't really want her to go in my bathroom just now. But at least I know how, right?*]
... how to make up random ditties about anything and clap along in time with them to distract your kids from whatever they are whining about.
... how to make a mean sandwich.
... how to be a good worker
... that homemade eats are better for you!
... how to make a sock doll [at least, at one point I knew how to]
... knowing that sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.
and things I wish I could [and hope I will!] master the way she does:
... how to make vanilla pudding from scratch [so much better than the box!]
... how to tell the stories of "The Buttermilk Slide" and "The Brownie."
... how to make something without even checking the recipe.
... *having the discipline to stay on top of the housework [see above.]
... how to alter an item of clothing... and make a sock doll [alas, now that I think about it, I have completely forgotten how!]
...how to whip freshly picked garden goodies into a summertime spread for three months of the year.
... how to look out for and lovingly mother the friends of my children.
... how to do things without needing quite so many thank yous.
... how to give my children a happy childhood and and wings to fly [even the ornery ones, the wild ones, the fanatical ones, the sassy ones, the lazy ones, the impractical ones and the whiny ones! In no particular order, of course.]
happy birthday to my mother!
love you so.
Can we get together and make sock dolls again sometime?




2 comments:
She sounds like an awesome lady!!
What a sweet post. I definitely felt like I got to know her a lot just now!
Post a Comment