Tuesday, March 9, 2010

this is the day I've been waiting for.

The day when I open the backpack.

And there they are.

the smell.

the sound.

the colors.

the nostalgia.

the reduced prices.



BOOK ORDERS!

paperbacks. hardbacks. board books. caldecotts. newberys.

It wasn't long before I had Janie excited about them, too. Together, we attacked them with a pen, making my, er, our selections.

Jase-

This is the day.


The one I warned you about a long time ago.


When our kids get older, however, I will have to be stealthy like a ninja to get my orders in. Kids are often misled when it comes to book orders. They are too easily suckered into things like posters and plastic glowing unicorn charm bracelets. When I was in third grade a boy tried to woo me with a poster of a puppy. It was sweet, but I wasn't into younger men. Or dogs.

...on the other hand, if it had been a book... who knows?


are you getting this Jase? The way to my heart may very well be as simple as a few Caldecotts and a Newbery!

Looks like this is the day you've been waiting for, too.