[so good that this is a little spotty. just so you're prepared.]
7:04 AM Breakfast with my pretty new table runner [pre-Mother's Day gift, right honey?] It had me at hello.

7:10 AM I am actually up before the sun. And man our windows are dirty.

7:59 AM I am supposed to be organizing paperwork. But instead I am reading about some mad mad fish love.

9:04 AM She's awake. And adorable. Who can tell which came first?

9:42 AM Jason's first breakfast. My second breakfast. Fruit and yogurt smoothie. I tried to trick Janie into a taste by telling her it was like ice cream. She would only have one bite. And so it goes. No fruit love for Janie.

10:24 AM Mopping, badly due, done. Sorry I didn't take any *before* pictures. [p.s. you are not really sorry about this.]

10:41 AM Time for the stander, but first the foot braces.

11:39 AM Once a day we go through the whole book basket and read all the ones Janie chooses. We have to do this in the morning, because if I sit too long between the hours of three and five I will fall asleep, guaranteed. I have fallen asleep mid-page before. Janie gets mad [you would, too.]

12:58 PM Easter is coming early at our house, tomorrow actually. Janie and I fill eggs with candy. And ourselves, too.

3:13 PM These days Janie will just sit and work at flipping through pages in her books. I am amazed at her patience and perseverance with it.

3:18 PM What to wear to the party tonight? The birthday girl loves pink, so pink it is.

3:42 PM Dining on... dunch? Linner? And what do you call Sloppy Joes made with sirloin? Sloppy Josephs? Also: Alexia brand waffle fries = best waffle fries I've ever had, hands down.

6:14 PM After holing ourselves up in the office for a while this afternoon, I am pleased to announce that, finally, Matt and Kathie will get their long-awaited wedding video. May it bring you much good tidings of happy anniversarying. As I said before, just remember: It's not the best wedding video you've ever seen, but hey, it's free!

7:ish PM After a stop at the store for some birthday sending-off balloons, we are greeted by the birthday princess. My first trip into the house brought Janie. Together we gave Bailee a birthday hug. She asked, "Was that my present?" It was asked very sweetly, like she really wouldn't have minded if it was. Or that she was at least going to be very nice about it. Grandma took Janie, and, not one to disappoint, I returned moments later with the goods.

7:35 PM A successful birthday blow [cue the applause!]

8:04 PM Drooling over this little cupcake, dressed to the nines for her very first party.

8:20 PM Grandpa and Grandma are out past their curfew [his words]. Look at him there, helping her up. So sweet.

8:29 PM Shoe love is true love. She takes the stairs with these babies on. Rock on, my little sole sista.

8:42 PM Let's keep this party goin' all night long, baby! Or at least until, say, 9 or so?

8:46 PM ...because we just cannot get enough of this:

8:52 PM OR this: Afton getting on this bike with no help and without using the pedals [an ouch for bare feet.]

Yes, she does all her own stunts.
And after all that, I reluctantly whisked Jane home. There she was promptly served her supper, bath, books, bears, binky, bed and daddy's goodnight kisses.
Rest up, Jane.
Round Two
is
tomorrow.
Round Two
is
tomorrow.

