Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolution Revolution, Part III




yogurt. cheese and crackers. PB & J. string cheese. cereal. ham slices.

You are probably thinking that this is a list of what Janie likes to eat.
Actually,
um,
actually, these are frequently MY snacks.

For all my hoot and holler about eating healthy and professions of my undying devotion to fruit, when snack time rolls around I gravitate to the dairy section of my fridge, completely bypassing my countertop fruit basket and two [yes, two] crisper drawers of fresh ingredients. [at least it's lemon yogurt... right? yeahno.]

And still I've been asking how this child who refuses to eat fruit can possibly be mine.

So here's my hope: that if she sees me eating more fruits and veggies, she will eventually concede and we will soon be feeding each other grapes on hot summer days and sharing Christmas oranges as we watch the snow fall.
Or, at least, that she won't cry in protest at the sight of applesauce.

I'm also hoping to somehow curb my voracious sweet tooth.
Or at least feed the fever with better-for-me sweets, such as said applesauce and the stuff I keep stocked in my fruit basket.

My 3rd resolution for 2010...
Snack on more fruits and veggies.

I'm still undecided on where banana bread will fall in with all of this.

Gonna have to get back to you on that.