We watched a lot of movies when we were dating.
I was a happy little head-over-heels sweetheart, agreeable to most anything my adored might choose.
And that was mostly because a movie night meant there would be snuggling.
And who really gets into a movie when there is snuggling?
[well... Jason kind of does.]
[Except for the time when we went to see Lord of the Rings with his family. He kept moving in for a kiss or two, even during the action scenes.
*fine with me*
but his youngest brother - and the rest of the family! - was sitting on my other side and that was a little awkward.]
A few years later, my *high* heels touched down and ... sank. I became a bit of a stick in the mud about what I will surrender my minutes to. I usually want classics [as in my classics--my tried and true favorites] And Jason wants the new releases.
And we can hardly ever agree on one movie before it's way, way way past our bedtime!
So Jason usually just watches them on his own later, and my faves are saved for girl's weekends and loans to bored bedridden invalids.
But there is still snuggling to be done! I say!
And so, at last, we have designed his and hers movie nights.
One night monthly for me to choose the entertainment, and one night for Jason to hit the Redbox.
And one night for a Disney flick. Because we love them. We quote them. We collect them. And they sit and collect dust until Bailee comes over and we take them out of their packages for her to watch.
Of course . . . we also have them memorized.
Which is good, because who can really get into a movie when there is snuggling?...
[and the like]
[!]
[!!]
[!!!]
And Disney always was good for happy endings...
I was a happy little head-over-heels sweetheart, agreeable to most anything my adored might choose.
And that was mostly because a movie night meant there would be snuggling.
And who really gets into a movie when there is snuggling?
[well... Jason kind of does.]
[Except for the time when we went to see Lord of the Rings with his family. He kept moving in for a kiss or two, even during the action scenes.
*fine with me*
but his youngest brother - and the rest of the family! - was sitting on my other side and that was a little awkward.]
A few years later, my *high* heels touched down and ... sank. I became a bit of a stick in the mud about what I will surrender my minutes to. I usually want classics [as in my classics--my tried and true favorites] And Jason wants the new releases.
And we can hardly ever agree on one movie before it's way, way way past our bedtime!
So Jason usually just watches them on his own later, and my faves are saved for girl's weekends and loans to bored bedridden invalids.
But there is still snuggling to be done! I say!
And so, at last, we have designed his and hers movie nights.
One night monthly for me to choose the entertainment, and one night for Jason to hit the Redbox.
And one night for a Disney flick. Because we love them. We quote them. We collect them. And they sit and collect dust until Bailee comes over and we take them out of their packages for her to watch.
Of course . . . we also have them memorized.
Which is good, because who can really get into a movie when there is snuggling?...
[and the like]
[!]
[!!]
[!!!]
And Disney always was good for happy endings...


