I never want to forget this Easter
and the best General Conference I can ever remember.
I never want to forget
::Corrie Ten Boom's message, that God will help us forgive.
::that I cannot possibly do everything, even everything good, that my heart desires.
::that duty does not require perfection, but it does require diligence.
I never want to forget
::that miracles do not produce faith, righteousness does.
::that some gave their lives so that I could read from the scriptures with my own eyes every day.
::that even when some commandments might seem trivial, obeying them allows the Lord to bless me more.
and the best General Conference I can ever remember.
I never want to forget
::Corrie Ten Boom's message, that God will help us forgive.
::that I cannot possibly do everything, even everything good, that my heart desires.
::that duty does not require perfection, but it does require diligence.
I never want to forget
::that miracles do not produce faith, righteousness does.
::that some gave their lives so that I could read from the scriptures with my own eyes every day.
::that even when some commandments might seem trivial, obeying them allows the Lord to bless me more.
I never want to forget
::that true love requires action.
::that the best way to make a personal change is to make Jesus Christ the model for my life.
::that how we disagree with others shows how we feel about the Savior, that it is okay to disagree, but not to be disagreeable.
I never want to forget
::the calves that would only follow their mothers home.
::that the Savior did not complain or murmur in His trials, that instead of asking "why me?' I should ask "what am I to do?"
::that I do not need to create a spiritual core in my children, I only need to fan the flames of the core they came here from heaven with.
I never want to forget
::to tell my children the stories of Jesus.
::that I cannot let an earthly circumstance disable me spiritually.
::that the Lord wants us to have joy, even in the trials of our lives.
I never want to forget
that "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
[Revelations 21:4]
I never want to forget
hearing a living prophet invoke the blessings of the Lord on each of us, hearing him say that he loves us and that he prays for us.
And feeling the Spirit of God tell me once again that Thomas S. Monson truly is
a prophet of God.
I never want to forget
feeling
that my Redeemer lives and loves me
in every single message.
::that true love requires action.
::that the best way to make a personal change is to make Jesus Christ the model for my life.
::that how we disagree with others shows how we feel about the Savior, that it is okay to disagree, but not to be disagreeable.
I never want to forget
::the calves that would only follow their mothers home.
::that the Savior did not complain or murmur in His trials, that instead of asking "why me?' I should ask "what am I to do?"
::that I do not need to create a spiritual core in my children, I only need to fan the flames of the core they came here from heaven with.
I never want to forget
::to tell my children the stories of Jesus.
::that I cannot let an earthly circumstance disable me spiritually.
::that the Lord wants us to have joy, even in the trials of our lives.
I never want to forget
that "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
[Revelations 21:4]
I never want to forget
hearing a living prophet invoke the blessings of the Lord on each of us, hearing him say that he loves us and that he prays for us.
And feeling the Spirit of God tell me once again that Thomas S. Monson truly is
a prophet of God.
I never want to forget
feeling
that my Redeemer lives and loves me
in every single message.



4 comments:
I adore you, Meg! I do!! Thanks for your posts- they are truly a joy to read! Love you!
Love this post. It was such a beautiful conference and so many talks struck me in ways they haven't before. Thanks for sharing it.
Is it possible to get a copy of this post? I would really love it!
Hey, is is possible to get a copy of this post? I really love it!
Post a Comment