Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I can't help myself.


Janie here.

There are lots of things regular people can do
that my mommy can't do:


My mommy can't get the laundry to the washer without me to carry it there
[you know, in my riding laundry basket]


My mommy can't make the bed without someone to hold the blanket while she tucks in the sheets.


My mommy always needs help choosing the right books to read.


She never seems to mix our favorite recipes enough.


My mommy needed me to separate the pumpkin seeds from the guts.


and she just doesn't know how to spread the crayons out to find the best colors.


I guess my mommy needs help turning whipped cream back into real cream.


She always needs someone to taste-test the chocolate pudding.


and she always needs someone to hold her purse at the store.


My mommy is never quite sure about which bunch of bananas to buy.


But my mommy is always sure that I need at least one more kiss.



*adapted from the adorable book What Moms Can't Do
by Douglas Wood