Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Memory: i tunes.


We all have a song that somehow stamped our lives
Takes us to another place and time.

-Kenny Chesney

Sittin' here with our iTunes library on shuffle.

Here's what's playing next and what
*I go back to*
[as Kenny says]
when I hear it.

Just to Hear You Say That You Love Me
by Tim and Faith

This song reminds me a little of my sister, who loved Faith Hill from the release of her first cassette [even though she is not really into country.]
It also reminds me of the college roommate that turned me into a country music girl.
But mostly it reminds me of Jason and being newlyweds.
It was one of the songs on our honeymoon CD
[yes, that one we outgrew because it is too sugary. This song is a perfect example of that. Nowadays I would change the words to "Just to hear you get up with the baby."]

Say Your Name, Dear Jane
Peter Breinholt

Jason had Peter Breinholt in the CD player as he drove me home from our first date. We talked music and I told him about Colors, a group from my hometown.
One of our next few dates was to a Colors concert with some of our friends.
We've been swapping music ever since.

God Made Woman
Keith Urban

Keith Urban is awesome for playing loud in the car.
But it really reminds me of doing dishes, because the kitchen is usually where I am when I listen to music these days.

Stand
R.E.M.

Of course,
this reminds me of Jason.
He is the long, long time R.E.M. fan, and I like a lot of it now, too.
His first CD at age 8, I think, was an R.E.M. CD.
When we met he would still wear this old ratty R.E.M. shirt [bless his heart]
I made sure to commandeer it as a pajama shirt as soon as I had the chance.
But I can't throw it away, either.
I better hide it before one of our future kids finds it and wears it to school thinking it's some kind of retro vintage or something.

The Scientist
Coldplay

Awwww.
This was playing in the car the first time I told Jason I loved him.
Years later I finally saw the music video for it and it's a sad video [even with the safety message], and now I can't help but think of that, even though I try hard not to. Music videos almost always ruin songs for me so I usually try to avoid them.

I Believe in Christ
Mormon Tabernacle Choir

I love me some MoTab on Sundays.
Reminds me of peace and love, uplifting worship.
I especially love the phrase "from Him I'll gain my fondest dream"
This always reminds of the final testimony of the man who wrote the words of the song.

"I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer." [-Bruce R. McConkie]


And that's the end of today's itunes tour.
We hope you have enjoyed the ride
and will come see us again very soon.