Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009. in pictures.

2009.



In Jane-uary we welcomed friends and family for a spot of tea with the queen bee as she turned 2.



February sent us packing.
To Puerto Rico for Wyndham President's Club.



I fell in love with a beach for the first time.
Jason got sunburned the second day and wanted to stay indoors for the rest of the trip.
A kayaking trip in the dark to the bio luminescent bay proved to be an exercise in marital patience.
When one of our friends exclaimed to her fiance about what a good team they were in the two-person kayak I wanted to scream at her.
[I didn't]
[our kayak was too busy going the wrong way]


The sweet taste of success! way to go baby!
[and thanks to all who took such good care of Janie so we could get away!]

In March I surprised my dad by hosting a party for his 60th birthday.
The surprise part was that some of his siblings were able to come and help us celebrate him.


Our spring flower was just crying to be picked before the April showers.

So we picked her.


In May the Hunsaker crowd met up in Seaside, Oregon.
Uncles, aunts and nieces were reunited, plotting evil plans and of course, sharing dessert.


Janie did not love the cold beach
[taking after her mom]


But she did love the fake plant behind her high chair at the condo.


June brought a visit from the Case Life family home from Minnesota.
Four bros were once again united in rockdom.
[the gamer kind]

And then our little fender bender on I-15 [scary!]

Spent 4th of July in Kaysville with a case of nostalgia [just like old times, it was].


And Janie got her brace.


August brought me lots of fabulous presents, which included my little brother's return from the land of Leeds, the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication, a sister visit, and seeing our favorite play of the year.
I was so caught up in all the excitement that I forgot my age, and two months later when someone asked how old I was, I had to think about it, and then I still told them the wrong number.
I thought 27 was still a bit early for memory loss.
Or is it 28?





September was just beautiful and busy

and filled with lots of characters.
[Highspeed Helga won So You Think You're a Witch at Gardner Village. Helga, your spell to make all the smart people in the room laugh was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing!]



And my baby started school.

October was wickedly wild.

With a few fires to put out.




Janie's eye surgery seemed to set things straight.
[such a blessing for all to see!]


November had a storm or two, but Fall fought back.
And we were thankful.

I helped my dad make his famous Thanksgiving turkey. I was so proud!

Christmas for Jane was easy. Books, books, books and a glitter-filled ball.

Family and friends for Meg.
An exciting new job for Jason.

And...

December 31st.
Approximately 9:24 pm.

Three and a half months.
I did it.

Done and done.