Thursday, October 15, 2009

A soup nazi's *A* list


Autumn time means soup time is here again at last!

I love soup.

I dance while eating soup.

Soup will henceforth be a weekly occurrence in our home.

I must share!
-And so-
For your mouthwatering pleasure
I present to you my nominations for
seriously
scrumptious
sopas!


[many are ridiculously easy.
I'm only gourmet one night a week
and that's the night we eat out!...
i'm only kidding
but I do so love it when they keep it simple!]

Without further adieu...


A childhood fave... Cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder

Don't miss this version of Chicken Noodle Soup [Cheese on it, you say? Brilliant!]

Delicious Acorn Squash Soup
[DO NOT skimp on the bacon with this one. It makes the soup!]

Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup

Quick Ham and Cauliflower Soup

A cheater's version: Hearty French Onion Soup

You can use frozen chicken breasts for this Tortilla Soup

Quick and Easy Meatball Soup. Food storage fabulosity.

A canned soup on steroids. Some nights it's all you can do [love the concept, too, though]:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder

For Bacon, Cheese and Potato Chowder you use frozen hash browns. So easy.

I'm still working on perfecting this to taste more like Zupas version, but this one is pretty good:
Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup

Busy Night Turkey Taco Soup with Avocado Cream [Oh Mmm...those last two words get me every time]

Similar to Olive Garden's. Toscana [potato sausage] Soup

A fun way to do tomato soup: Grilled Cheese-Tomato Soup

Added 12.9.09 Natalie's Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup. This soup brags no canned cream soups. I am converted.

Meet the soups that have signed up for this year's auditions:

Loaded Baked Potato Soup [always looking to perfect this one]

Black Bean, Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup

Halloween Pumpkin Soup

Low-fat Broccoli Cheese Soup


Now go out and get souped up!

Feel free to leave a comment about your super-est soups!

*singing*
And they called it soupy looooooove...

2 comments:

Tami said...

These look great! I am always using my crockpot when it gets cold. Best idea they ever invented was those liners, so there is pretty much no clean up. I will have to try some of these! Thanks! :)

Heather said...

So I need a good soup to take to our cooking club this week. Any recommendations? haha or I should say which is the best?