Sunday, October 11, 2009

{D}tails, details




Yes
another trip to Disneyland for the Cases.

Yes
we were just there in December.

Yes
my husband's family has been almost every year since Jason was a kid.

And yes
it is a bit crazy.

But I love it.
And this time around I think I finally figured out just why.

The {Disney} is in the details.

***







It's the hundreds of jack o'lanterns that were everywhere to celebrate the season.
And every single one had a different face.

***








It's the million different spots that make for PERFECT pictures.

***

It's when Captain Hook strides out (from Never Never Land, of course), stops short, puffs out his chest and stomps his foot impudently at a group of teenage boys, but as he suddenly notices me and Janie sitting on a bench nearby he bows and tips his hat.

Even the villains are charming.

***



It's that even snack stands are elaborately decorated
[like this one, where I get my favorite Disneyland treat,
the heavenly Dole Pineapple Whip.
Once, the line, I swear it was as long as the line to see Sleeping Beauty.
But I waited.
Oh I waited.
So so worth it.]

***

It's the way that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and Snow White make little girls feel like they are meeting up with a dear friend.

It's when Cinderella asks our little girls if their matching shirts were from their fairy godmother.

***



It's in living *a bug's life*--sitting on a bench made of popsicle sticks, playing under a leaky hose, sniffing a scrumptious box of animal crackers, getting a shower from a juicy watermelon and flying around in a Chinese take-out container.
And the bathroom is a ginormous tissue box.

***

It's having the biggest, best corn dogs this side of the Matterhorn.
[best when shared with someone you love]

***





It's the smiles that are everywhere.
Even after rough mornings.

***



It's that it makes you want to be a kid again.
And that it sometimes feels like you are.


***




It's because the attention to
every detail

(a place truly after my own heart!)
makes everything seems like,
as Princess Jasmine once said,
*It's all so magical!*

***




AND, to top it all off, Jason even found some work there!
[not even kidding]
Who-da thunk?

1 comment:

Tami said...

You guys are really lucky to be able to go as often as you do. Nate and I haven't been since 2006! I hope we get to go again someday. Looks like so much fun though! How fun to go with family! :)