Friday, September 4, 2009

Four


My niece Bailee is four.



Scenario #1

Uncle Matt:
Is your hair real?

Bailee:
Yes.

Uncle Matt:
It looks like a doll's hair.

Bai:

Pull it

and see if it comes off.



Scenario #2

Bailee, upon noticing one of Janie's toys:
What is
that?

Meg: That's Thomas the Tank Engine. Janie likes Thomas.

Bailee:
Well,
I don't like it
because
I think it is

a boy thing.


Scenario #3


Bailee and I were playing with dolls.
I was the mom.
Then I got distracted by the conversation in the room.
After a few seconds,
Bailee tilts her head to one side,

puts a hand on one hip,

and says,

"AHEM."
Two big blue eyes look up at me like
I had just been caught stealing.


Did I mention four is my favorite age? (five, too.)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Oh you are so sweet to post about this! she is a funny girl, that is for sure! love you!