Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Party like it's your birth{day}!


I love my birthday. It's my guilt-free day. My day to skip housework, ignore calories, expect royal treatment, and demand all my favorites. Not that this doesn't happen on other days. But on my birthday I don't feel bad about it.


Consequently,
I milk the birthday goodness for all I can.

This year did not disappoint.

Even though he got up late,
Jase made me breakfast. With two kinds of milk and a love note on the side.



Janie insisted on getting me out of the house for some Red Mango. She even ate raspberries with it. I was tickled pink.


She was very sad when it was gone.

And then she ate her bib.


Driving home, I noticed two cranes at the temple. They were replacing the angel Moroni (it got pretty banged up by lightning back in June). I was so excited because I missed seeing the first time they put it up. I pulled up on the hill in front of the temple and even had my camera with me to snap a few shots (that never happens!)




How many people can say
they got a new angel Moroni for their birthday?





I got loads of birthday calls and Facebook well-wishes. Thanks, everyone, for all the happy.

I had planned on going to mutual at the Cannery, but only a few girls showed up, so another leader took them and I came back home to Jason and a sleeping Janie. I got to work on a project I've been wanting to start.

That felt good.

We ordered one of my favorite pizzas, a *Mt. Veggiemore* from Mountain Mike's. Some of you know that when I am eating yummy yummy food I dance. I don't do it as much as I used to, since I usually feed Janie first. But on this day Jason was on Janie-duty, and I got to eat my pizza hot out of the box. Giddiness ensued as about 2 years worth of delicious celebrating came bursting out of me. I was bouncing around the kitchen, pizza in hand (and mouth and tummy). I am happy to report here that my niece Afton inherited this quirky little trait from me and I couldn't be more proud (we are only related by marriage so I don't exactly know how this happened, but I will still take the credit.)



Jason had a quick meeting that night. When he got home, I really knew it was my birthday because he said, "Let's all go for a little stroll!" That never happens. But Janie had no pants on, so I scrambled to find some ("But Jase--mosquitoes!") For some reason, we just ended up wrapping a blanket around her. "Wait. We should check the mail while we're out!" I insisted and rushed to find my mail key. Jason was getting a tad impatient. "Let's just go," he replied. On my way to the front door, I cried, "My house is in a shambles!" Jason swung the door open, and there on the porch was the Case family with cake, star candles, ice cream and birthday cards in hand! I think they sang to me. I don't really remember, it all happened so fast. I felt so bad for making them wait out there on the porch for so long, thinking how funny it must have looked with Janie wrapped in a blanket and me with keys in hand squawking about the state of the house. But then the party started and I got to choose one of Kathie's special plates to have my birthday cake on. Then we played rock band. The guys even donned matching Elevate shirts for comic effect. And wouldn't you know, I love comic effect.


It was such a fun day that I decreed the celebration continue...

and declared it my birth-week!


It did not disappoint...

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you had such a fantastic day! I love that you dance when you eat. That cracked me up. I love you Meg! I'm excited that we will actually get to spend some time with you guys at Christmas (Sue informs me that the party is at your place). (Yes, people--Christmas. I know, it's August. But you don't know this crazy Case family. The Christmas party is usually fully planned with invitations out by April. Nope, not joking!)

Tami said...

Meg, I'm so glad you had such a great birthday. I love reading your blog because like usual, your style of writing just draws me in. You should write a book! :) You are so lucky to have such great in-laws! I wish mine were like that. But I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. :)